In December of 2018, the National Council made the decision to mandate all chapters to adopt Pi Kappa Phi’s Model Associate Member Education Program as of August 1, 2019. It is our hope and expectation that our chapters will fully comply with this requirement to provide our new members with the best introduction to Pi Kappa Phi.
As you and your chapter members return to campus ready to recruit the next group of exceptional leaders for our fraternity, I want to take the time to ensure your chapter is prepared to utilize Pi Kappa Phi’s Model Associate Member Education Program.
To successfully plan for and execute the program, please review the following tips & best practices:
- Review the Model Associate Member Education Program Facilitator Guide, distributed to Wardens at Pi Kapp College for Chapter Officers 2019 and available on the Pi Kapp Resource Library.
- Review the Warden Administrative Duties resource with your Executive Council and New Member Education Committee.
- Review the Frequently Asked Questions resource with your chapter prior to the Pre-Initiation Ceremony.
- Confirm your chapter’s modifications (if applicable) with your Chapter Relationship Manager. The modification statuses of all chapters can be reviewed here.
- Order associate member materials on pikapp.org at least two weeks before the Pre-Initiation Ceremony.
- Submit your chapter’s associate member education program dates on Chapter Gateway at least seven (7) days prior to the first Pre-Initiation Ceremony of the term. You can watch this short video to see how to submit your chapter’s program dates. Review the program date submission requirements here.
- Participate in one of the coaching calls or schedule a one-on-one coaching call by contacting Director of Member Development Dylan McKenzie.
As our ever-changing fraternal world asks for us to provide only the best member experience for those who choose to join our ranks, we ask that you choose to embrace our efforts to provide an uncommon opportunity that extends the bonds of the associate member experience nationwide and put our shared values at the forefront of our actions.
Thank you for your commitment to Pi Kappa Phi, and I wish you only the best this upcoming semester.
Jeremy D. Galvin
National President, Pi Kappa Phi