Dr. William “Sandy” Durrell, PhD, was a 1953 graduate of the University of Florida and a 1950 initiate of Alpha Epsilon. The Dr. William Sandford Durrell Scholarship for Excellence in Chemistry recognizes excellence in the field of chemistry by a student member of Pi Kappa Phi by awarding an $800 grant.
Every fall, one student is selected for this scholarship. Students who apply must have selected chemistry as a major or main field of study.
There is one recipient for this scholarship who will receive an $800 grant.
To be eligible, an applicant must:
- Be an initiated member of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity
- Be a rising junior, senior or graduate student in the field of chemistry
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submit a letter of recommendation
- Complete and submit the entire application