The Cornelius Scholarship for First-Generation Students is endowed by Casey J. Cornelius, a first-generation student, an initiate of Beta Iota and graduate of the University of Toledo (2001, 2003) and the University of Illinois (2008). Cornelius was an undergraduate Vice Archon and has served in numerous volunteer roles for the Fraternity. This scholarship supports Pi Kappa Phi first-gen students in their pursuit of the exceptional. One recipient will receive a $400 grant.
This scholarship is intended for those who are the first in their immediate family to attend a college or university and:
- Is an initiated member of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity
- Has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submits a one-page essay about what being first-gen means to them
- Submits a letter of recommendation from an advisor, college staff or faculty member
- Completes and submits the entire application