The Mark O. and Cindy M. Bundy Scholarship has been endowed by Mark O. and Cindy M. Bundy to assist first-generation college students who are initiated members of Pi Kappa Phi pursue a college degree.
Mark graduated from Wofford College (Zeta chapter) in 1989 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Economics. He went on to earn his Master of Business Administration degree from the University of Texas at Austin in 1991. Cindy graduated from Reinhardt University in Waleska, Georgia in 1989.
The importance of Pi Kappa Phi tradition and legacy runs deeply within the Bundy family. Mark’s father, Jim, is a Pi Kappa Phi brother affiliated with Iota (Georgia Tech). Mark, himself, is the 656th initiated member of the Zeta Chapter (Wofford). In 2010 he was initiated into the Pi Kappa Phi’s honor society, Nu Phi, as part of the Omicron class.
This scholarship is intended for those who are the first in their immediate family to attend a college or university and:
- Is an initiated member of Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity
- Has a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Submits a one-page essay about what being first-gen means to them
- Submits a letter of recommendation from an advisor, college staff or faculty member
- Completes and submits the entire application
Recipients must be in good standing with the Pi Kappa Phi National Headquarters and can be from any active chapter with preference to members of the following undergraduate chapters in this order:
- Wofford College – undergraduate alma mater of Mark O. Bundy
- University of Texas at Austin – graduate school alma mater of Mark O. Bundy
- Georgia Institute of Technology – initiating chapter of Mark O. Bundy’s father, Jim Bundy
- University of Georgia