Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity is a values-based membership development organization that focuses on building brotherhood through character enhancement, leadership development, academic achievement, commitment to service, lifelong friendship and social experiences. The Fraternity believes that sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking prevent all affected individuals from realizing their full potential as citizens and are contrary to both human dignity and the values of the organization.
Striving to be a responsible member of the higher education community, Pi Kappa Phi is highly concerned about any activity that could be considered mentally, physically or emotionally unsafe. Our Fraternity believes very strongly in promoting the development of healthy relationships and social environments through our chapters. Our organization upholds the following philosophy specifically related to sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking:
- The Fraternity is unequivocally opposed to all acts of sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking and expects our members to follow the laws across the United States that have made these behaviors illegal. Additionally, the Fraternity expects members to follow campus-specific policies that prohibit such behaviors.
- As an organization founded on the principles of friendship, the Fraternity expects that our members treat others with dignity and respect.
- The Fraternity supports and enhances the mission of the institutions where we are present through application of relevant student development theories. Additionally, we encourage chapters to participate actively in local university programming and resources and to take a leadership role in initiating and supporting prevention activities.
- As a subset of the campus community, the Fraternity collaborates with the host institution to address the problems of sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking, including leveraging campus resources to educate our members and assist all parties.
- The Fraternity works to address the underlying causes of sexual misconduct, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking. As such, Pi Kappa Phi supports an educational approach that encourages healthy interactions among all people and reinforces the Fraternity’s concern for human dignity and mutual respect.
- Through education, training and mature adult guidance, we provide the tools to help students make good choices and to understand the consequences of their choices.
- The Fraternity expects cooperation from its members and chapters in all accountability processes.
- The Fraternity will hold members accountable for the choices they make through a progressive discipline strategy. When a member or subordinate chapter is unable to conform to the expectations of Pi Kappa Phi, however, the conduct process may determine that they should no longer share in the privilege of participating in the Fraternity.
- We promote respectful and healthy relationships and the well-being and dignity of all people.