Pi Kappa Phi Fraternity is a values-based membership development organization that focuses on building brotherhood through character enhancement, leadership development, academic achievement, commitment to service, lifelong friendship and social experiences. The fraternity believes that illegal drug use prevents individual members from realizing their full potential as citizens and from exemplifying these characteristics of brotherhood.
Seeking to be a responsible member of the higher education community, Pi Kappa Phi is highly concerned about drug use and abuse. Our fraternity believes very strongly in the betterment of men through our chapters. Our organization upholds the following philosophy specifically related to illegal drugs and other controlled substances:
- We are concerned about the impact drugs and other mind altering substances have on the safety and lifelong well-being of our members, as well as the reputation of our fraternity.
- The fraternity expects that our members follow federal and state drug laws across the United States. Additionally, the possession, sale or use of any illegal drugs or controlled substances while on chapter premises or during a fraternity event or at any event that an observer would associate with the fraternity is strictly prohibited.
- As a subset of the campus community, the fraternity collaborates with the host institution to address the problem of drug use and abuse, including leveraging campus and community resources to assist the membership.
- Through education, training and mature adult guidance, we provide the tools to help students make good choices and to understand the consequences of their choices.
- The national fraternity expects personal responsibility from its members and accountability through local self-governance.
- The national fraternity will hold chapters accountable for the choices they make through a progressive discipline strategy.