|WHO'S ATTENDING||REGISTRATION||MET WINE||FAQs|
The 57th Supreme Chapter Meeting is quickly approaching, and we look forward to seeing you in Tampa, Florida, from July 28–31, 2022!
Please review the following information specific to students thoroughly in order to prepare for the convention.
Accommodations & Meals
Duly registered chapter delegates do not need to book a hotel room. Lodging in the Supreme Chapter hotel is included in your registration fee. Each delegate will share a room with one (1) other delegate from his chapter. Every delegate must stay on-site, even if your chapter is local to the area.
The following meals are provided as part of the chapter’s registration fee:
- Thursday: Dinner
- Friday: Breakfast and Lunch
- Saturday: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Sunday: Breakfast
All other meals are at your own expense.
Check-in will open at 1 p.m. on Thursday. Please plan to arrive at Tampa Marriott Water Street no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday.
You should plan to depart the hotel after noon on Sunday. We recommend booking travel that departs after 2:30 p.m. on Sunday.
If you are driving, the hotel address is:
Tampa Marriott Water Street
505 Water Street
Tampa, FL 33602
There are two options for parking:
- Pi Kappa Phi has negotiated a daily parking rate of 25% off the regular cost at the time of Supreme Chapter. (The current parking rate as of March 2022 is $32/day; 25% off this price would be $24/day.) Please note that once you arrive to the host hotel, there is no need for a car until your departure on Sunday.
- There are also locally managed parking garage options near the hotel.
If you are flying, you can book your flight into Tampa International Airport (TPA). If you are taking Amtrak train, you can book an itinerary that brings you into Union Station (601 N Nebraska Avenue, Tampa, FL). All travel should be booked at least four-six weeks in advance of Supreme Chapter.
There are a few reliable options to get to the Tampa Marriott Waterside:
Taxi service by Yellow Cab and United Cab is available at the curbside outside the Baggage Claim Level. Both companies charge the same fares: $2.50 for the first 1/8 of a mile or part thereof, plus $2.40 per mile. The minimum fee from the airport is $19. There is a flat rate fee of $30 to downtown Tampa and the cruise terminal.
2. Uber/Lyft/Taxi – cost is about $20–40 (one way from airport to hotel)
All flights should be booked at least four to six weeks in advance of Supreme Chapter.
All delegates will receive a travel survey in June to complete and submit all travel details to staff. All student travel is the responsibility of the chapter and should be budgeted accordingly in the chapter’s budget for flights, car rentals, and/or train/bus fares. The Archon should coordinate the entire delegation’s travel plans to ensure everyone arrives and departs on time.
What to Bring
- All participants should bring a pen, notebook, and spending money.
- Officially licensed Pi Kappa Phi vendors will have merchandise available on-site for purchase.
- The chapter’s delegates should bring any initiation cards that have not yet been submitted to the National Headquarters. Additionally, prior to arriving in Tampa, please confirm your chapter’s account balance with the National Fraternity by logging into Chapter Gateway.
- If your chapter has an outstanding balance, be prepared to pay in full during check-in. Contact your Chapter Relationship Manager with any questions or concerns about your account balance as soon as possible.
Supreme Chapter Attire
Attire for Supreme Chapter is business professional (i.e. suit and tie; or blazer, slacks, tie; and dress shoes).
Thursday’s opening, evening event will be casual. Please feel free to travel in comfortable clothes and change when you arrive at the hotel.
Supreme Chapter Expectations
Supreme Chapter delegates are expected to attend all legislative and programming sessions and abide by the following expectations, which have been established by the National Fraternity and the Marriott:
- Alcohol will NOT be allowed in guest rooms. Alcoholic beverages may only be consumed in venues where alcohol is sold. Alcoholic beverages CANNOT be brought into the hotel and may not be consumed in guest rooms. Any alcohol being carried into the hotel or found in guest rooms will be confiscated.
- The possession, sale, or use of illegal drugs or other controlled substances is PROHIBITED at all times. Participants in violation of this expectation may be sent home at their own expense.
- Alcohol may NOT be consumed until programming concludes for the day.
- The legal drinking age in Florida is 21. Please be prepared to show proof of age when purchasing alcohol. Individuals consuming alcohol underage or providing alcohol to underage persons may face criminal charges.
- To ensure the comfort of all guests, noise should be kept to a minimum at all times, especially during late evening and early morning hours. Hotel security and fraternity staff will intervene if a noise complaint is received.
If you or other occupants of your room become a disturbance to other guests, or if you are found in violation of the expectations outlined above, you may be asked to leave the conference at your expense.
Staff Contact information
For more information about Supreme Chapter, please contact Assistant Director of Operations Amber Lowman at email@example.com or (980) 318-5300.
For billing or travel-related questions, please contact Director of Chapter Operations Lauren Thurow at firstname.lastname@example.org or (980) 318-5310.